Consent for Electronic Disclosures
Please read this information carefully and print and retain this information electronically for future reference.
- Introduction. Whether you choose to participate on the Prosper platform as a borrower, lender or group leader, from time to time you will receive disclosures, notices, documents and information (“Communications”) from Prosper Funding LLC, WebBank, an FDIC-insured Utah-chartered Industrial Bank or our respective agents (collectively, “we” or “us”). We can only give you the benefits of our service by conducting business through the Internet, and therefore we need you to consent to our giving you Communications electronically. This statement informs you of your rights when receiving Communications from us electronically.
- Consenting to Do Business Electronically. By consenting below you agree that all Communications from us relating to your use of the Prosper platform may be provided or made available to you electronically by e-mail or at our website. If you consent, you still have the right to receive a free paper copy of any Communication by contacting us in the manner described below.
- Scope of Consent. Your consent to receive Communications and do business electronically, and our agreement to do so, applies to all of your interactions and transactions through the Prosper platform, whether or not you place a listing or bid, or act as a group leader.
- Hardware and Software Requirements. To access and retain the Communications electronically, you will need to use a computer with Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 3.0 or above, or similar software, Adobe Acrobat and hardware capable of running this software.
- Withdrawing Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically by contacting us in the manner described below. If you withdraw your consent, from that time forward (1) you cannot place any further listings or bids through the Prosper platform, (2) any pending listings or bids will automatically terminate and be removed from the Prosper platform, and (3) if you are a group leader on the Prosper platform, you cannot accept new members into your group. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legal validity and enforceability of any pending loans obtained through the Prosper platform, or any electronic Communications provided or business transacted between us prior to the time you withdraw your consent. With respect to pending loans on which you are a borrower, lender or group leader entitled to group leader rewards, we will send you any further Communications by mail or other non-electronic means.
- Changes to Your Contact Information. Please keep us informed of any changes in your email or mailing address so that you continue to receive all Communications without interruption.
- How to Contact Us. You can contact us by email at [email protected] or by writing to us at Prosper Funding LLC, c/o Prosper Marketplace, Inc., 221 Main Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105, Attn: Compliance.
By clicking on the “I Agree” button below, you acknowledge that you can access the electronic Communications in the designated formats described above, and you consent to having all Communications provided or made available to you in electronic form and to doing business on or through the Prosper platform with Prosper Funding LLC, WebBank and our respective agents electronically. In addition, you further acknowledge that your consent to have all Communications provided or made available to you in electronic form and to do business on or through the Prosper platform is assignable to any entity that owns a (i) Promissory Note evidencing a loan you obtained through the Prosper platform; or (ii) Borrower Payment Dependent Note you purchased through the Prosper platform.
Last Updated: February 1, 2013